Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting back on the horse!

Hey there. It was a crazy April that didn't see much writing get done. We're living in the main floor of a house down the street while our house undergoes a major renovation. Moving out this past weekend was crazy, simply crazy. I'm getting old. Still sore and tired from the two-day move. We're getting pro movers when we move back in.

I'm trying to get back on the horse and get some writing under my belt, but it's tough. I'm tired and don't feel like doing it. And I have more excuses, but that's all they are. I'm going to give myself a bit of slack, but I want to try do a bit of writing. I think my goal for tomorrow night is to look over what I want to get done for the month of May. I've got a lot of writing commitments and need to clear those off my plate before I can get to my novel writing.

However, I'm definitely more inspired to write about Trevor Galloway. I've stopped worrying about how to shape my novel and will try to break down the ideas I have into more digestible parts and write those. Right now I have two main story chunks, Galloway's origin as the Black Knight Tow Truck Operator and The Wendigo.

If you're reading this and are a writer, you might have run into something similar. How did you get back on the horse? Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment